I undertook a compete research project for trade show organizer easyFairs, designing a survey questionnaire that was sent out to the easyFairs packaging database in six languages (English, Dutch, German, Spanish, French and Swedish). We received 2600 responses from 16 countries. I analysed the results and wrote the report. Mike Sussex did a nice job on the design and we got sponsorship from top UK trade magazine Packaging News.
- Apple & Coca-Cola as most influential brands in packaging.
- Roland ten Klooster is considered the top European thought leader in packaging.
- Two thirds of companies update their packaging at least once every two years.
- Investment in packaging is holding firm despite the recession – companies that plan to increase investment outnumber those planning to decrease.
- Many packaging consumers now see sustainability as part of their brand.
- Germany is (by far) Europe’s leader on sustainable packaging.
The survey also covers the main drivers of innovation in packaging and examines which materials are “hot” and which are in relative decline.
More information at www.easyfairs.com